Monday 6 June 2016

at last - summer!

6th June 2016, Newton Point, 5pm

At last the summer reaches N Northumberland Coast!





6th June 2016, Bamburgh Castle, 10pm

As part of the planning for a new commission, I went to Bamburgh Castle to see where the sun sets at this time of year.  As we're nearly at the longest day sunset was 9:54 pm (and sunrise tomorrow is 04:33!)

Tonight the few clouds that picked up the sunset light were almost due N of the castle.


I couldn't resist this lonely 'lowry' figure walking their dog on the twilight beach though...


On the way back to the car after my sunset trip I came across these poppies. They'll look beautiful in the daylight but the light seemed very unusual at 10:30pm.

(These were shot handheld at 1/6th sec f 2.0 at ISO 1600)




Andy Craig Photography

Why not join me for a PhotoTrail or PhotoWalk one morning?   CLICK HERE to find out more about Northumberland Photo Training courses

No comments: