Monday 8 February 2010

right time, right place

8th Feb10, Embleton Bay, 8am

Big Showers were moving slowly across the horizon each with a veil of precipitation suspended below and I thought there might be some nice light in the offing. After a day of short walks yesterday, Trooper was keen to run and wasn't going to let inclement weather get in his way. So he ran and I snapped a few pictures of the sea and the clouds and we wandered along the beach and up into the dunes as is our preference. Thinking Trooper hadn't been on the blog for a while I took a couple of him in the grass and then I noticed he was bathed in sunlight.

The golden light that swept the bay like a photographer's dream lasted all of 30 seconds and was gone. Enough time to take a couple of snaps but also time to just stand and look and breathe in the scene. These moments of 'right time, right place' are rare enough that they're worth savouring without a camera in front of my face.









No comments: