Friday 27 March 2020

beach closed

27th March 2020, Shilbottle, 7am

Lockdown Day 4

A wander round the fields with Daisy.  I'm grateful I've got these fields on my doorstep.  There are plenty of people around on these walks though  There's not much feeling of isolation.  Everyone is avoiding each other but most people still say hello.


27th March 2020, Alnmouth, 9:30am

The rule seems to be* that your one session of daily exercise must be from your doorstep.  Well I can cycle to Alnmouth via the new cycle track from Alnwick so that's all fine.  I did feel a sense of "what's he up to?" emanating from some people but I'm satisfied that I was cycling on my own, never talked to anyone or touched anything.  I even opened the one gate with a stick.

Down at Alnmouth it looks like they're preparing for another influx of misguided visitors to the beach at the weekend.  I'll be keeping away.


*there are contradictions in the advice I've seen.  It seems to me that it's sensible to drive to a quieter area.  I do understand what this place could be like at the weekend though.

No comments: