Thursday 6 December 2012

Ripples

6th Dec 2012, Embleton Bay, 8am

Yesterday's snow has frozen into ice and the beach is white above the high water line.

We were on the beach in time for sunrise armed with the new camera. It was a bit chilly to start learning its new features when all I really wanted was the camera back in my pocket and the my gloves back on as soon as possible.

The sun wasn't above the horizon at beach level but it's first rays were hitting the windows up the hill at Low Newton




The snow has filled the footsteps and ripples in the sand. I'm getting used to seeing this every winter but it's odd to see a snowy beach for the first time.



New Gallery Now Open: 33 Fenkle St, Alnwick.  Drop by and say Hello...

andy craig photography - Weddings, Kids, Music, Dogs, Creative Photography, Photo Training

2 comments:

Paul said...

Magic especially the shot of Low Newton. Just looking at the picture made me want to put my hat & gloves on.

you-wee because said...

Enchanting winter photos in your recent posts, Andy!
For the full afternoon we had blowing snow, I'm curious how to get to work tomorrow morning. Winter has a lock on whole Germany currently!

Have a great week,
Uwe.