Wednesday 26 March 2014

Solvitur Ambulando

26th March 2014, Newton Links, 8am

I was cocooned this morning, snug in my jacket so the bitingly cold wind whistled around me but not through me, and yet I could feel and enjoy the sun's warmth on my back.  Someone said 'there's no such thing as bad weather - just the wrong clothes'.

There's nothing like a nice walk of a morning.  If you give them a chance, the rhythm of your feet and the fresh clear air can lull you into a pleasantly relaxed state of mind.

Focussing on my breath and my steps, I banish angry, worried, negative thoughts by filling my walking world with what's around me.  I use the senses to see and hear nature and to endeavour to enjoy each moment of this fragile life.

Today I could hear skylarks, the wind whistling, the sea over the dunes, the curlews in the fields: Music to my ears and all set to the rhythm of my steps.

These are creative times too.  By bringing my attention to the moment I see photographs all around me; 'click' here, 'click' there;  words and ideas come into my mind and thoughts and decisions come into focus just as the images in the camera do.

Solvitur Ambulandum means "it is solved by walking"; and it can be if you let it.




Andy Craig Photography on Twitter Andy Craig Photography on Facebook
Andy Craig Photography

Why not join me for a PhotoTrail one morning?   CLICK HERE
to find out more about Northumberland Photo Training PhotoTrails


Sign up HERE for my newsletter!


2 comments:

you-wee because said...

Ah, ok, now I understand: some revision of your blog design, new pictures, new buttons, new Andy profile photo... ;-)
Good job!
Uwe.

Ann Erdman said...

Greetings from Pasadena, California, USA! I was on a local blog a few minutes ago, clicked on the "Next Blog" button at the top of the screen and yours popped up.

I enjoyed reading your latest posts and am exciting to be coming to England (though not Northumberland) for the first time in May.