Thursday 21 January 2021

cold waves

 21st January 2021, Buston

The wind was brisk and icy cold having passed over snowy countryside for miles before reaching us on the east coast. I never know what I'll find when I cross the dunes. Today I saw the sea in the distance and quickened my pace. 



The waves rolled into the shore under the sunrise and their spray was whipped up into the light with spectacular effect. One after another the waves put on a display like they were trying to outdo each other and I stood with a smile on my face and my camera gripped in numb fingers. 

I could hardly see the viewfinder for the bright sun and hardly feel the shutter button but I did my best to compose the shots as I wanted them and then take the photograph just as the spray was at its most impressive. 





Eventually my fingers had gone from numb to actually painful and the sun had risen up the sky so that the bright colours had faded a bit anyway. As I walked up the dunes (with Daisy happy to finally have my undivided attention) I looked over my shoulder to see the waves looking subdued and quiet as if they'd put on their show for me and were ready to have a rest under the blue light of day.


Daisy gave me one pose for a photo with our footprints then made sure there were no more photos by getting all puppy on me.





No comments: