Monday 2 November 2020

visiting

 2nd November 2020, Howick, 7am

On the path to the beach with the wind in our hair and the sunrise in our eyes...




Sometimes you have to look at things from a couple of different angles to find the photograph. I spotted the sand ripples from the oblique angle first but as I walked past I liked the straight on view as well.




This hooded crow (or hoodie craw to me) is a fairly rare sighting.  They live in the N of Scotland but this one is probably visiting from Scandinavia for the winter.



3rd November 2020, Buston, 7am

We started our day with some beach games.







This was a 'quick-on-the-draw' moment as these swans flew up the beach below me a few inches from the sand.

It sometimes pays to know your camera very well and also to have it set ready to go. Some people will say it's sacrilege but I leave my camera on P (an automatic exposure mode). P stands for Professional as a very expensive Hollywood wedding photographer once told me! 

I can change it to a manual mode if I need to but here, if the camera had been left set on f22 for example, I would have missed the shot. 

For me, the important thing is the photograph not how clever the camera settings were.






No comments: