Tuesday 4 February 2020

no right and wrong

4th Feb 2020, Alnmouth, 8am

There was only a hint of colour at sunrise...



I was chatting on the beach this morning and I was asked "How would you make a photograph from this view, I wouldn't know where to start"

So I explained about composition and what to include and what to leave out.

This morning, just above the sun's rays was a big bright patch of sky that had to be cropped out of the photograph. Here you can see a couple of different ways of doing that.

In this one I cut it out from the top of the frame in portrait format,


In this one,  I made it a panoramic 'letterbox' format.


In the third shot, the bright sky could be included with the magic of High Dynamic Range (HDR) on the phone camera. Not everyone's cup of tea but a striking image to others.


Last night's wind had left beach pebbles and seashells perched on sandy plinths.




Gorgeous Cookie



No comments: