Wednesday 12 February 2020

moss and snow

12th Feb 2020, Shilbottle, 7:30am

The car was too frozen to bother with and I knew the beach road would be icy so we went local and saw sunrise over the frosty fields.  The sun still rose out of the sea - right behind Coquet Island.


Sometimes you see a photograph as you pass by and you are lucky enough to have the time to consider how to make a photograph from the scene you've observed.

This morning I came home from the dog walk and happened to notice these tiny mosses in amongst last night's snow on my garden wall. They had their spore capsules held aloft with water drops here and there among them.

I popped into the house for a camera with suitable macro lens (which was just my trusty old Canon G15 compact camera if you're asking!) and headed back into the garden to see what I could photograph.

I was out there for quite a while. You can get lost in photography sometimes. It can be a very mindful process when there are no distractions or time limits.




12th Feb 2020, Rothbury, 4pm

Fun in the snow...


No comments: