Friday 22 February 2019

flypast

22nd Feb 2019, Embleton Bay, 7:20am

The sunrise started with a watery sun rising out of the sea.

The shape of the clouds around the sun was the highlight for me.


I often say that every sunrise is unique and it's the clouds that make it that way. This morning the clouds beside the sun were in beautiful sweeping shapes.

As I lined up the shot a curlew approached and gave me a sea-level flypast. To me, moments like this make a photograph that bit more special and they're always worth looking out for.



The morning brightened as the sun rose clear of the mist and the beach was beautifully bright for a while




After an hour of warm sun all the talk among the early dog-walkers was of spring sunshine.  But suddenly the sun disappeared into heavier cloud and the temperature dropped markedly.  It was like a promising spring day had changed back to winter.


No comments: