Friday 9 April 2010

RNLI

An evening trip to Seahouses after a long day-trip to Glasgow attending a great presentation by Colin Prior - noted Scottish Landscape Photographer and someone who's work has long been a source of inspiration to me. I was delighted to find him to be a personable chap and very down to earth.

CP's forte is to climb to the tops of mountains and camp there to be present for the Moment of dawn and/or dusk. Such dedication and patience brings rewards. I love the thought of doing this but I know it's incompatible with my personality so I flit from place to place travelling light and working quick. CP is justifiably successful; I have a wee blog...

8th April10, Seahouses, 7pm

After a rare treat of fish and chips we wandered round the harbour...





The RNLI lifeboat had been out on excercise and was being brought back in; a task requiring many pairs of hands including one volunteer who had to dive underwater to connect the towline. Like they say about seals, the boat is considerably more nimble in the water than out.

It was like a mini-procession through the town as the boat was guided safely home with an entourage of interested spectators of all ages. It was fascinating to watch.





The twilight was drawing in by the time the boat was safely back in her shed. The big sky dwarfing Bamburgh Castle; a mere lump on the horizon.

No comments: